How brave are you?
Sometimes, one of the bravest things we can do is to look at what’s really holding us back.
Her are some questions to get you thinking about what might be holding you back from achieving your goals:
- If you already had what you’re aiming for, if you already achieved that goal you set, what happens next?
- What’s the worst thing about achieving that goal?
- What are all the consequences that might happen as a result of achieving your goal?
- What is the scariest thing about aiming for your goal?
- What is the scariest thing about achieving your goal?
- What are all the “What if’s” around this goal?
(for example: What if I fail, What if I don’t achieve the results I’m looking for?, what if people think I’m crazy for even trying? What if my partner gives me an ultimatum – “me or your dream”? etc.)
Once you think you’ve come to the end of the list, go back and ask yourself these questions again. There’s always more there than in the first round of questioning.
These all take courage to look at. But once you know what all these what if’s are, what all the results may or may not be, it gives you the opportunity to look at them and to work through each of them. Knowing exactly what thought patterns you are dealing with is key to change.
The same works for business. Look at the patterns of behaviour that are holding the team or business back from achieving their goals. You might be very surprised to find a collective fear in there some where.
You’re brave enough to look at what’s holding you back, then be brave enough to go after your goals anyway!
Remember – download and save to your phone home screen. Every time you unlock your screen, repeat the mantra to yourself. I Am Brave Enough!
Leave a Reply