Today’s mantra comes from an awareness that I came into this last week which has since become integral for a lot of my clients.
I Allow Myself to Receive
I came across an interview on the Super Soul Sunday with Debbie Ford. There were two lines in particular that piqued that awareness twinge. These two lines went something like:
- When I got your call, it wasn’t just a call, it was a higher call, you know?
- The greatest gift from this phase in my life is that I learnt how to receive love. For the first time, I really felt loved. I was afraid of being vulnerable. I was so busy giving, giving, giving and not receiving
Ordinarily these lines probably wouldn’t have had that same intensity of resonating with me but lately, I have been sensing that I have a bigger calling. I have also been doing a bit of work with the Law of Attraction. And I couldn’t work out what was holding me back with seeing results. That’s where the second line got me.
In the Law of Attraction, there is a law of allowing. That was my missing piece. I was creating, creating,creating and giving, giving, giving and not allowing myself to receive the results.
So my mantra since has been that I Allow Myself to Receive.
Last week, every single client I saw had this very same underlying key that was either holding them back, underpinning a pattern in their life or the turning point in their particular concern. It was key in areas of Money, Relationships and Weight Loss and Health (I’ll cover each them in more detail later in the week of how these patterns were playing out). Yes, there were other elements at play too however, this one line of allowing yourself to receive was present in each area.
Have a think about these in this order:
- Where in your life you do you not allow yourself to receive?
(where do you say “no” to an offer of help?, Where do you hold back in relationships?, Where do you feel comfortable? think about how well you receive compliments too – this is something that I am personally working on).
- What is the result of not allowing yourself to receive? How do you feel? What do you not have? What do you not see?
- What are all the benefits that would come about if you allowed yourself to receive?
Now, repeat, repeat, repeat: I Allow Myself to Receive
Repeat this over and over for a few weeks and start to notice how your interactions start to change, how opportunities start coming your way and how mostly how you start to feel like there’s more give than take in your world.
As always, save the image to your phone lock screen, desktop or print it and pin it somewhere you’ll see it. When you see it, say it and if you think that someone else you know could really use this mantra, share it.